Let's build the blockchain-economy of the future together in 32-hours!
FREE • € 5000 in prizes • 32 hours non-stop • 100 people
Are you a passionate developer? Join the #BCHDEVCON hackathon and let’s build the blockchain-economy of the future together! Meet experts, learn new skills and have the best weekend of your life!
All development skills are welcome. No matter if you are an expert or beginner with an interest in Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain projects, you will have fun!
More information: https://www.hackathon.cash/
Build decentralized applications using Bitcoin Cash or other blockchains from scratch. Participants can compete on two different tracks:
Bitcoin Cash Track [€3,500 Paid in Bitcoin Cash]
Build cool stuff using the Bitcoin Cash Blockchain. Create a product that makes use of the new OP codes, larger block size, Wormhole protocol, tokenization, smart contracts or utilizes Bitcoin Cash in other meaningful way.
General Blockchain Track [€1,500 Paid in Bitcoin Cash]
Create the best product using the blockchain of your choice: from Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash to Ethereum or innovate with second layer solutions such as the Lightning Network. You are limited only by your imagination!
Is this event for me? This hackathon is for everyone who is interested to learn more about Bitcoin Cash and other blockchains. It's especially recommended for developers who want to learn how to build blockchain apps.
How much is the ticket? Good news, the event is 100% free! All food and drinks are included as well as some extra goodies. Since you can sleep at the venue overnight, you can even save the hotel cost.
How are teams formed? We prefer teams to be formed on the spot. This allows everyone to meet new people and keep an open mind. However, you are absolutely welcome to bring your friends.
How do I apply? Visit EventBrite and get your FREE ticket by filling out a quick registration form: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bchdevcon-hackathon-amsterdam-tickets-50353066377
Traveling from abroad? You may be eligible for our Talent Scholarship program. Check the conditions via: https://www.hackathon.cash/scholarshipapplication
What will I do for 32 hours? Code, brainstorm, play games, attend a workshop, have a pizza, take a nap, go for a walk. You have 32 hours to create your winning project!
Do I need coding skills? Development skills are useful but not required for all participants. Every team needs a mix of skills: developers, blockchain experts, creatives, business minds, designers and others.
Saturday 27 October 2018
09:00 - 09:30 Welcome Breakfast and Registration
09:30 - 10:00 Kick-Off: Rules & Challenges
10:00 - 12:00 Technical Deep Dive
12:00 - 13:00 Pitches & Team planning
11:00 - 12:00 Team Planning
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch & Breakout Session
18:00 - 19:30 Dinner & Breakout Session
Sunday 28 October 2018
24:00 - 01:00 Midnight Snack and Breakout Session
08:00 - 10:00 Breakfast & Breakout Session
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
15:00 End Hacking
15:00 - 16:30 Presentations
16:30 - 17:00 Awards ceremony
17:00 Leaving for the After Party, Venue TBC
Some examples of projects
- Build a micropayments project with feasible innovations in fast payment integrating BCH’s features: borderless, 0 confirmation and low transaction fees.
- Build a betting game based on newly released op codes, e.g.: https://github.com/fyookball/ChainBet. This topic can be without considering the funding problem, atomic operations, smart contracts, and eventually sent tokens according to the results.
- Build an application regarding permanent data storing, open protocols and open-source data. (Using Op_Return) e.g.: https://memo.cash/
- Build a cross-chain project, implementation based on gateway designs. Building an internet of value and ecosystem. E.g.: https://www.rsk.co/
- Build an analysis tool for big data. A tool that can detect, inspect and visualize the transaction, tradings, blocks, nodes and the entire network of BCH Blockchain. E.g.: https://blocks.wizb.it/
- Build a WHC Block explorer. Call Wormhole REST endpoints (https://wormholecash-production.herokuapp.com/) to build a web GUI which lists the tokens, token details, balances of token holders and transactions for token/holder.
- Build a utility token generator w/ SLP. Create a web GUI which lets a user create a new SLP token. Name, ticker, URL, number of decimals, fixed/managed supply and initial distribution.
- Launch an ICO on WHC. Create a custom security token and launch a crowdsale. Custom name, ticker, total number of tokens and how many tokens you'll sale for each 1 WHC.
- Conceptualize a stable-coin for BCH ecosystem. Stable-coins, like DAI and $GUSD, are very popular in the ETH token ecosystem. Brainstorm on what a BCH stable-coin would look like. What smart contracts are needed in WHC for this to happen?
And many more!
Do you have any questions about the event or would you like to become and partner/sponsor/ambassador? Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org! We would love to answer all kinds of questions you may have.
- Blockchain enthusiasts, developers, entrepreneurs, designers, and everyone who loves building decentralized applications. Please note that you must be 18+ years old to participate.
- No existing projects are allowed to compete for a prize, teams will be created on the spot. But of course you are more than welcome to bring your friends!
How to enter
Jury / Lead developer / Bitcoin ABC / @Deadalnix
Jury / Senior Developer / BITBOX / @cgcardona
Jury / Head of Development / BTC.com / @isaacfain
Mentor / Core Developer / BTC.com / @Lacksfish
Mentor / Core Developer / BTC.com / @akhilesharora
Mentor / Core Developer / BTC.com / @gangsterphill
Mateus Coppetti Silveira
Mentor / Back-End Developer / BTC.com / @coppettim
Does this tool provide a useful function?
Is it easy and engaging to use?
Is it doing something innovative?
How well does the product function?